Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] WEBRTC--SIP over WebSockets

From: "Paul J. Albrecht" <paul@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 18:51:54 +0000
Hi All,

I’m trying to use Wireshark to trace webrtc communications between a browser and a webrtc server. The signaling uses sip over web sockets. The connection is secured over tls. I’m not having problems decrypting tls. I can see the requests and responses flowing over the secured connection, but when I try to use the web socket protocol it doesn’t work. What I mean is I get things like “WebSocket Unknown Opcode” which I don’t think makes much sense. Any suggestions for narrowing the problem down?

- Paul Albrecht