Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark command line option for remote interface capture

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 17:34:58 +0100

On Fri, 3 Jul 2020 at 16:40, karthick saravanan <karthicksarav@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
 I am trying to capture wireshark using "remote interface" for a polycom phone. But this has to be done using the command line and not manually launching wireshark gui followed by "remote interface" config.
Hence, I would like to know how to pass the remote interface and username password for a polycom phone. Kindly let us know.

tshark.exe -i rpcap://example.com/eth0

I observed that the "-z" option is not the right one for my requirement and hence how to pass username/password in the above command line for a phone?

Regards,
Karthick

It's not listed on the tshark man page but my copy of tshark.exe, when run with -h, lists a -A option for setting rpcap credentials:

RPCAP options:
  -A <user>:<password>     use RPCAP password authentication

--
Graham Bloice