Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Proposed changes to make tcp.ack and tcp.seq relative

From: Lee <ler762@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 08:59:45 -0400
On 5/4/20, Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A request was filed earlier to add a new "tcp.ack_rel" field to ensure
> that color filters can be created that always work on the relative
> sequence numbers independent of the "Relative sequence numbers" option.
> Instead of adding a new field, I propose to change the existing ones.

I prefer non-breaking changes and this sounds like it's going to break
at least my setup.

How hard is it to add a new field?

How hard is it to change the existing fields only if the user wants
relative sequence numbers & leave them alone if they do not want
relative sequence numbers: ie.
tcp.relative_sequence_numbers: FALSE

How much of the following breaks if you change the existing fields:
column.width:
        "%Cus:tcp.seq", 80,
        "%Cus:tcp.nxtseq", 80,
        "%Cus:tcp.ack", 80,