Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Installing wireshark on MacOS Catalina via brew

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 14:47:06 -0700
On Mar 10, 2020, at 2:19 PM, varun siripurapu <varunsiripurapu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I installed Wireshark using "brew cask install Wireshark" successfully on Mac OS Catalina as you could see below.

We don't prepare the Homebrew packages, the Homebrew people do.

> I do see that Wireshark.app is present in Applications directory
>
> `varuns@varuns /Applications % ls | grep -i Wire
> Wireshark.app`

	ls -ld /Applications/Wireshark.app

would suffice here.

> But, I see that Wireshark is not installed.
>
> varuns@varuns ~ % which Wireshark
> Wireshark not found

It would be "not installed" if /Applications/Wireshark.app/Contents/MacOS/Wireshark is missing.

If it's *not* missing, then...

> Could someone let me know what is missing here?

.../Applications/Wireshark.app/Contents/MacOS is missing from your $PATH setting.