Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Firefox not logging into $SSLKEYLOGFILE

From: Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 12:06:50 +0000
On 191031-11:36-0400, Lee wrote:
> On 10/31/19, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
> > On 191031-09:27-0400, Lee wrote:
> >> On 10/31/19, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
[...]
> > So, learn how to get my Firefox --when I need it-- log the keys, or live in
> > the dark on what it lets other subjects do in my machines.
So few people care about this?
Do really most of people don't care and are comfortable living in the dark on
big players rummaging in their machines?
I mean it's so few of us even talking about decryption...

[...]
> > This will take time, and I do not have it right now...

Here above is the reason I haven't yet done the (5 lines) below...

> I don't know if the official builds
>   https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/
> will log the keys or not, but maybe worth trying?
>
> Regards
> Lee

I believe I'll be able to use core Wireshark dev Peter Wu's patch:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?att=1;bug=842292;filename=nss-debian-rules-enable-sslkeylogfile.diff;msg=10
(I remember the patch used to need that same line:
+  NSS_ALLOW_SSLKEYLOGFILE=1
some three and half years ago, and I was able to make a patch myself, back as
Gentoo user:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/587116
That patch wouldn't work anymore, the code has changed. That line is needed in
a different file in the source tree...

And I'll report back.

Should it, maybe, not work, I'll post at that Debian bug:
crying and screaming ( :) )...
And, maybe, again ask for help here, or even at wireshar-dev list.

Regards!
(this may take me a little more time)

--
Miroslav Rovis