Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] 5G NR-RRC dissector issue

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 09:39:42 +0200
Hi,

A UE is receiving a BCCH-BCH message that encapsulates a MIB. Are you sure we need to expose the MIB dissector directly?

Best regards,
Pascal.

Le ven. 25 oct. 2019 à 09:34, Anders Broman via Wireshark-users <wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hi,

The NR-RRC messages has to be dissected by calling dissector by name. Currently “MIB” is not handled but I have amended the code to expose it.

Instead of building a UDP packet with the MIB Octets as data you can create an “Exported PDU” by using text2pcap

text2pcap.exe -l 252 MIB.txt mib.pcapng

The code change can be followed here https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/34852/

Dissection result:

Regards