Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Run Wireshark in the Web Browser using Docker container

From: Florian Feldhaus <florian.feldhaus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 17:53:09 +0200
Two years ago I needed to analyse traffic in a datacenter and wasn't able to run Wireshark or another packet capturing tool on the Client or Server. Therefore I created a solution to run Wireshark in any Web Browser using XPRA and Docker. I published it on GitHub and Docker Hub and completely forgot about it. Recently I discovered that it had over 200K pulls on Docker Hub.

I just updated the solution to the latest version of Wireshark and fixed a few issues and would like to get your input if this is useful and what could be improved.

Please find usage instructions here:

If you are interested in using this to analyze traffic between client and server, have a look at this docker compose template:

I merely created a wrapper around several tools, all the hard work was done by the Docker, XPRA and Wireshark developers!

Please send me your feedback or open issues on GitHub.

Best regards
Florian