Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] hidden packets

From: Giles Coochey <giles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 13:34:31 +0100

On 19/08/2019 13:25, Richard Perlman wrote:
Note: on the local lan, 192.168.5.0/24, all segments, Wi-Fi and wired) are bridged. So, I would expect to see all traffic to/from the plug on en0.
A bridge is a switch, i.e. it does MAC address learning and doesn't flood all packets to all interfaces like a hub would do. You would need to configure a span session on the Interface to your wireless access point to send packets received there to the port that your Apple device is connected to.

--
Giles Coochey