Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to disable lua support from command line ?

From: Matt <mattator@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 19:03:13 +0900
> Why wouldn't that work on all platforms?  Is the concern that you might not have a location to point XDG_CONFIG_HOME at that's guaranteed not to have plugins on any of the machines you're using?

That delegates the complexity from wireshark to me but while I know
about the linux conventions, I don't know about windows or MacOS and
it's not like I can test the outcome (but outside con). If I could use
a wireshark flag, I would have the guarantee it works on all the
platforms supported by wireshark.

> Yes - either compiled *or* Lua plugins, so I don't see a need to treat compiled and Lua plugins differently.

I am fine with disabling everything. I was just mentioning the possibility.
Is there some work done on this I could follow ? or should I open a
ticket on the tracker ?

Cheers
Matt