Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] "apply/prepare filter" from the protocol column context menu u

From: phreakocious <phreakocious@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 11:41:08 -0700
Hello, as mentioned in the subject, these menu options are disabled in the packet list.  My (probably flawed) muscle memory insists that it worked at some point.  The other columns work fine so it seems to be intentional.  My gut says it's due to inconsistent/unintuitive behavior in cases like an ACK, where filtering by protocol would result in all TCP.  This is a bit annoying, but debatably less so than the back and forth movement to the details view to filter simpler things like ARP, DHCP, (M)DNS, etc.

Given that it's probably just as hard to whitelist the simple protocols as to blacklist the complex ones, maybe it could just be a global option to enable that function for all protocols?

Does anyone else running into this feel similarly?