Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Appimage build

From: GDR! <gdr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 14:01:07 +0200
Hello,

I've been trying to build the AppImage version of Wireshark, this
feature has been announced since 2.9.

Since it's not documented how to build AppImages of Wireshark, I
thought I'd share my experience (hopefully, helping authors publish an
official AppImage).

The sequence of commands is pasted below. Unfortunately, they don't
result in a working AppImage:
$ ./Wireshark-3.0.2-x86_64.AppImage
/tmp/.mount_Wiresh1q9wc6/usr/bin/wireshark: error while loading shared
libraries: libQt5Multimedia.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

but it should be relatively easy to fix.

sed -e 's/^# deb-src /deb-src /g' -i /etc/apt/sources.list
apt update
apt install git doxygen libappimage-dev fuse wget rsync cmake build-essential checkinstall libcurl4-openssl-dev file vim gnupg libsystemd-dev lemon
apt build-dep wireshark
wget https://1.na.dl.wireshark.org/src/wireshark-3.0.2.tar.xz
tar axf wireshark-3.0.2.tar.xz
sed -e 's/APPIMAGETOOL_EXECUTALBE/APPIMAGETOOL_EXECUTABLE/g' -i wireshark-3.0.2/CMakeLists.txt
mkdir /build
cd /build/

wget https://github.com/AppImage/AppImageKit/releases/download/12/appimagetool-x86_64.AppImage
chmod +x appimagetool-x86_64.AppImage
cp appimagetool-x86_64.AppImage /usr/bin/appimagetool
appimagetool
wget https://github.com/probonopd/linuxdeployqt/releases/download/6/linuxdeployqt-6-x86_64.AppImage
chmod +x linuxdeployqt-6-x86_64.AppImage
cp linuxdeployqt-6-x86_64.AppImage /usr/bin/linuxdeployqt
cmake  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib ../wireshark-3.0.2
PATH=/build/run:$PATH
make appimage