Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to disable lua support from command line ?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 22:37:52 -0700
On Jul 2, 2019, at 8:17 PM, Matt <mattator@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> @Peter thanks for the advice on lua scripts, but this is something I
> can't control on foreign (i.e., user) setups.

You can control the command-line flags but you can't control environment variables?  Why not?

> I just thought that wireshark installs by
> default some C module/extensions contrary to lua scripts (none by
> default), but I may be wrong, on that point.

Wireshark installs plugins *as part of the Wireshark installation* by default.  *Currently*, they happen to be compiled plugins; that's not guaranteed t be true forever.

Wireshark installs *no* per-user plugins of any sort.

There's no reason to disable *system* plugins; we're talking about *usr* plugins.