Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How to disable lua support from command line ?

From: Matt <mattator@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 11:19:07 +0900
Hi,

Lately I've been experimenting with the lua support (I had not
realized how fantastic it was, I am really looking forward to
implementing some of the options I wanted but couldn't upstream !).
The downside is that my lua scripts now interfere with a program that
launches tshark to generate a csv file of pcap.
As I want to make my program as deterministic as possible, I would
like for it to ignore the user lua scripts since it can "corrupt"
tshark's output and break my program.
I had thought of running tshark -X lua_script:/tmp/disable_lua.lua but:
- it's inconvenient to create that file
- it's run alongside user scripts so even if it contains enable_lua =
false, it won't do anything.

The only thing I can think of right now is override $XDG_CONFIG_HOME
to an alternate/empty wireshark config (with no lua scripts).

I wonder if we could have a flag to toggle lua support, like `tshark
-o lua_support:False`
Best regards

Matt