Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] HTTP2 stream id detection

From: Rajvardhan Deshmukh <rdeshmukh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 17:32:17 -0500
Hi all,

This email might have slipped through.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following problem.

I am trying to get the HTTP/2 stream id (so use h2c (clear-text)) from
the trace for the experiment that i have run.
The experiment is communication between mptcp capable nodes.

I use the libcurl based client which allows me to downloaded 2 files
(video of 2 second) in parallel
( video segment #1
http://10.10.3.2:9001/www-itec.uni-klu.ac.at/ftp/datasets/DASHDataset2014/BigBuckBunny/2sec/bunny_4219897bps/BigBuckBunny_2s13.m4s
video segment #2
http://10.10.3.2:9001/www-itec.uni-klu.ac.at/ftp/datasets/DASHDataset2014/BigBuckBunny/2sec/bunny_3526922bps/BigBuckBunny_2s13.m4s
)

here is the tcpdump trace
https://umass.box.com/s/2n7st4012vwp8yirddd23pnexho3trxf

Wireshark trace analysis step:
1. Edit > Preferences > Protocols > HTTP2 > HTTP2 TCP port 9001

i see multiple tcp and mptcp packets but, only 12 HTTP/2 packets
(verified that the video segments use 2 different streams)
on one interface and none on the other interface.

I need the HTTP/2 stream number which is only visible in HTTP/2
packets to differentiate if the packet belongs to
video segment #1 or the  video segment#2 . With what i have right now,
i can't differentiate if the segment belongs to
video segment #1 or video segment #2.

Let me know if you can direct me to someone who can help.
I have gotten in touch with libcurl folks and they suggested that i ask the wireshark-forum.

Thanks,
Raj