Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] [HITB-Announce] Reminder: HITBSecConf2018 Dubai CFP

From: Hafez Kamal <aphesz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 23:33:51 +0800
REMINDER: The Call for Papers for #HITB2018DXB closes on the 1st of September!
Call for Papers: https://cfp.hackinthebox.org
Event Website: https://conference.hitb.org/hitbsecconf2018dxb/

After a 8 year hiatus, the HITB Security Conference series returns to the Middle East! Held at the Grand Hyatt Dubai from November 25th till the 28th, HITBSecConf2018 Dubai will be featuring 2-day technical training courses followed by our 2-day multi-track conference, a Capture the Flag competition, technology exhibition with a focus area on AI and blockchain related tech, space for makers and hackerspaces, a car hacking and hardware related village plus our CommSec track - a free-to-attend track of 30 and 60 minute talks that we also live stream on Youtube!

We are looking for 60-minute, offensive and defensive focused deep-knowledge
presentations. Research that is new, novel and most importantly material
that has not been presented elsewhere prior. Summaries not exceeding 5000 words should be submitted (in plain text format) to us through our online CFP system for review and possible inclusion in the programme. Submissions should be no later than September 1st, 2018

----

Each accepted submission will entitle speaker(s) to accommodation for 3 nights / 4 days and travel expense reimbursement up to USD1200.00 per speaking slot

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:

  Cloud Security
  File System Security
  3G/4G/WIMAX Security
  SS7/GSM/VoIP Security
  Security of Medical Devices
  Critical Infrastructure Security
  Smartphone / MobileSecurity
  Smart Card and Physical Security
  Network Protocols, Analysis and Attacks
  Applications of Cryptographic Techniques
  Side Channel Analysis of Hardware Devices
  Analysis of Malicious Code / Viruses / Malware
  Data Recovery, Forensics and Incident Response
  Hardware based attacks and reverse engineering
  Windows / Linux / OS X / *NIX Security Vulnerbilities
  Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning for Security
  Next Generation Exploit and Exploit Mitigation Techniques
  NFC, WLAN, GPS, HAM Radio, Satellite, RFID and Bluetooth Security

As always, we do not accept product or vendor related pitches.

Regards,
Hafez Kamal
Hack in The Box (M) Sdn. Bhd
36th Floor, Menara Maxis