Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Where to Find USBP-cap 1.3.0.3?

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 17:18:39 +0200
Hi Barry,

Le mar. 21 août 2018 à 17:15, Barry S. Finkel <bsfinkel@xxxxxxx> a écrit :
I had Wireshark 2.2.4 installed with USBP-cap 1.1.0
on my Windows 7 Professional 32-bit system.  I used Wireshark
yesterday, and I was prompted to install 2.6.2 and
USBP-cap 1.3.0.3.  During the install process, the button
to install the new USBP-cap was inoperative, so I could not
upgrade that component.  Then I uninstalled the older USBP-cap
via the regular uninstall programs process.
I searched via Google, and I could not find a USBP-cap 1.3.0.3
to download and install.  Where do I find this new USBP-cap?
Thanks.

USBPcap 1.2.0.3 can be found on the USBPcap Github project page: https://github.com/desowin/usbpcap/releases
Note that USBPcap 1.2.0.4 is out since a few days and I highly recommend you to install it if you intend to use it with Wireshark (next Wireshark versions will package it). Once installed ensure to copy USBPcapCMD.exe from the USBPcap installation folder to the extcap folder found in your Wireshark installation folder.

Best regards,
Pascal.