Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] latest wireshark 2.6.2 won't install on my Windows 2008 standa

From: "Noel, Andre" <andre.noel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 13:57:45 +0000

Hello,

I am running a PC  with   Windows 2008 Standard SP2   Wireshark 2.4.4  run fine  on it.  But when I try to  upgrade to the latest 2.6.2  I do receive this message:

“ Windows Vista is no longer supported.  Please install Wireshark 2.2 instead.”

I am thinking maybe Wireshark is checking  a registery key that returns a false information about the OS   because really, it is not Vista.  That machine  is running

Windows 2008 Standard SP2…

Is there a way to circumvent that ?  Or do someone knows what is that registery key that is being checked ?

Regards.

André Noël