Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark is now twenty

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 13:36:14 -0700
Today is the 20th anniversary of the announcement Ethereal 0.2.0, the first public release of what is now Wireshark. My goals at the time were pretty modest. I wanted to be able to do my job better, which included learning more about networking, and to contribute back to open source. After that first release the generosity from the community was immediate and overwhelming. It can be measured not only in lines of code, but in knowledge shared, assistance provided, and friendships forged. Supporting Wireshark's ecosystem turned into a career and adventure, and for that I am both humbled and grateful. I'm immensely proud of what we've accomplished so far and look forward to working with all of you in the years to come.

Thank you all! Cheers!