Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] mergecap truncated files

From: Catalin Patulea <cat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 18:00:53 -0400
Hi,

I'm trying to merge a few pcap files, some of which are truncated. I'm
getting this error:
$ mergecap -a sip.pcap-201806* -w /tmp/out.pcap
mergecap: Error reading sip.pcap-20180616-111355: Less data was read
than was expected

at this point, mergecap stops processing any later files. I would
prefer mergecap discard the truncated frame, and continue with next
files. I understand this will potentially lose some data, this is
appropriate for my application.

Is there any way to configure mergecap for this? If I write a patch
for an optional new command-line flag, is it likely to be accepted?

Catalin