Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] dumpcap process stopped

From: luke devon <luke_devon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 02:40:12 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Jaap,

Thank you for the reply and the suggestion. However, I have a script that controls the hard disk space. It won't exhaust the storage.  I have used the same setup with tcpdump since the last couple of years. But I had to deal with another network interface, that is why I decided to use dumpcap or tshark.

I will not let go the storage space beyond 90% of it. Fully controlled.

-b duration:15  --> jump to a new dump, likewise, it continues. usually, PCAP file size is 70-75MB and once compressed it will be 18-20MB.

anyway, the issue that I have faced with dumpcap was really unexpected. Even there is nothing in the man pages to have a try. I was looking for a  guidance. if anyone out there who has faced this problem before.

Regards
Luke