Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] dumpcap process stopped

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 19:38:19 +0200
Hi,

You should probably read the manual page of dumpcap. You’re running it in multiple files mode.
It is supposed to work this way. You may want to consider adding -b files:<value> to define the number of capture files to store to prevent exhausting your storage.
If configured this way you can indeed run it for an extended period. Personally I’ve run it for a couple of months on a production network like this.

Thanks,
Jaap