Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] hi2operations ASN.1 Packet in wireshark

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 10:09:23 +0200
Hi Mojtaba,

Le mar. 15 mai 2018 à 07:36, Mojtaba <mespio@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Hello,
I want to works with HI2 interface in Lawful interception concept in
telecomunication PS network.
I must transfer IRI data in ASN.1 format. I searched more about this
protocol in google, then i found there is some ways in waireshark with
packet-HI2Operations.c,like this:

https://wiki.wireshark.org/ASN1_sample
https://wiki.wireshark.org/Asn2wrs

Also, i downloaded "wireshark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" zip file, but i dont know
what should i do?
Let me know how can i generate hi2operations packets?

Wireshark is a packet analyzer, so only has the ability to decode Hi2operations packets and display them in wireshark / tshark; it is not a ASN.1 encoder / decoder library to be used by other programs.
For this, you can have a look at asn1c (https://github.com/vlm/asn1c) for an open source C library. You can also find some commercial libraries, or for other languages if you are programming in other languages than C.

Best regards,
Pascal.