Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] merge pcap from two interfaces

From: luke devon <luke_devon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 02:47:36 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for the guidance.

May I know, can we use tshark to rotate the traces every 15 sec? and can we compress into tar.gz the completed dump?

Regards
Luke

On Sunday, 13 May 2018, 1:08:32 AM GMT+8, Maynard, Chris <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Do you have to use tcpdump?  If you have tshark available, then you can capture on both interfaces at the same time without the need to merge separate capture files at all.  For example:

tshark -i eth0 -i eth1 –w eth0_eth1.pcapng

Refer to the tshark[1] (or dumpcap[2]) man pages for more information.

- Chris

[1]: https://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/tshark.html

[2]: https://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/dumpcap.html