Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] [HITB-Announce] HITBGSEC2018 CFP - Final Call

From: Hafez Kamal <aphesz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 02:24:08 +0800
FINAL CALL!!

The Call for Papers for the HITB GSEC 2018 Singapore is now open!

Call for Papers: https://gsec.hitb.org/call-for-papers/
Event Website: https://gsec.hitb.org/sg2018/

HITB GSEC is a three-day security conference where attendees
get to vote on the final agenda of talks. Attendees can also opt to be
introduced to speakers and each other based on the votes they cast.

Held at the Intercontinental Singapore from August 27th till the
31st, we'll start off with 3 days of hands-on intensive training classes
followed by a 3-day conference featuring keynotes by Michael Coates, Chief Information Officer at Twitter and Alexander Polyakov, co-founder of ERPScan.

We are looking for 60-minute, offensive and defensive focused deep-knowledge
presentations. Research that is new, novel and most importantly material
that has not been presented elsewhere prior. We strongly encourage women in IT
to send in your research papers.

Submission Process:

1.) Register as a speaker at http://gsec.hitb.org/cfp/
2.) Send us the following:

- Presentation abstract (1000 - 1500 words)
- White paper (3500 - 5000 words)
- Supporting material (poc code, slides, video etc)
- A recent photograph

3.) When CFP closes, audience voting begins. Each registered delegate
gets 3 votes to cast against any presentations they like.

4.) When a presentation receives 8 votes it is removed from voting. You
then receive an email introduction to voters which allows you to further
fine tune your presentation to suit the audience profile.

Important Dates:
================

May 1st - Call for Papers Closes
May 1st - June 30th - Voting Period
1st Week of July - Final Agenda Announced

----

Each accepted submission will entitle speaker(s) to:

- Accommodation for 3 nights / 4 days
- Travel expense reimbursement up to USD1500.00 per slot for
non-resident speakers
- A USD1500 honorarium per slot

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:

   Cloud Security
   File System Security
   3G/4G/WIMAX Security
   SS7/GSM/VoIP Security
   Security of Medical Devices
   Critical Infrastructure Security
   Smartphone / MobileSecurity
   Smart Card and Physical Security
   Network Protocols, Analysis and Attacks
   Applications of Cryptographic Techniques
   Side Channel Analysis of Hardware Devices
   Analysis of Malicious Code / Viruses / Malware
   Data Recovery, Forensics and Incident Response
   Hardware based attacks and reverse engineering
   Windows / Linux / OS X / *NIX Security Vulnerbilities
   Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning for Security
   Next Generation Exploit and Exploit Mitigation Techniques
   NFC, WLAN, GPS, HAM Radio, Satellite, RFID and Bluetooth Security

As always, we do not accept product or vendor related pitches.

HITB GSEC 2018 Singapore: https://gsec.hitb.org/sg2018/

Regards,
Hafez Kamal
Hack in The Box (M) Sdn. Bhd