Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] fatal error: krb5.h: No such file or directory

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 20:20:35 -0700
On Apr 18, 2018, at 8:00 PM, jungle boogie <jungleboogie0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I haven't used any specific cmake flags, do I need to?

If you do, that's a Wireshark bug.

In our CMake module to find Kerberos, we check for packages named krb5, mit-krb5, and heimdal-krb5; those might be the names of run-time packages rather than developer packages, so they might find Kerberos even if you *don't* have the developer package installed.  To build software that's using a Kerberos library, you need a developer package, to get the headers.

(Don't look for a developer package yet - we first want to fix the CMake scripts to search for the developer packages, so that trying to configure on a system without the developer packages gives an error at configuration time, hopefully giving the user an indication of what the problem is.)

What does

	apt list --installed | egrep krb5

print?