Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Not recognizing upgrade

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 23:43:01 +0100
Hi Todd,

[moving back to the mailing list]

The URL is the one that WinSparkle (the behind the scenes update checker) uses to look for updates. It composes the URL from it’s own parameters and asks the server what the available update is. It also checks with a limited frequency (every 24 hours, if I remember correctly).

I’m not sure what kind of CDN or other web technologies are in between the Wireshark update server and your internet link, but it seems it may take a while for it to propagate to ‘your neck of the woods’ so to speak.

If Gerald goes through all of his multi page release checklist it should pop up in a reasonable amount of time. Or you can be proactive and get it once you receive notice of a new release. But only if you really cannot wait :)

Enjoy,
Jaap