Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] analyzing icmp protocol

From: Ran Shalit <ranshalit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 13:13:00 +0300
Hi,

I see that in the reply packet. for example in packet 12 in the
attached pcap (first message in this thread).
I just now tried to  enable checksum with Edit -> Preferences ->
Protocols -> IPv4 -> check "Validate the IPv4 checksum if possible".
Now I see the validation marked in red in the same packets. Exactly
what I needed then.
I was porting ip packet in the target, but with wrong configuration, I
just had to enable checksum calculation in target.
Now icmp works without issus.
I think wireshark better check "Validate the IPv4 checksum if
possible" by default. It is difficult to notice such problem without
this.

Thank you,
Ran