Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to find the bottleneck?

From: Anne Blankert <anne.blankert@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 17:35:29 +0200
* Are you sure the branch has a 1 GB/s connection to HQ? 1GB/s possible, but quite good for current standards.
* The network is as slow as the slowest link. Are you sure that the slowest link between the branch client and HQ server is 1GB/sec? If traffic is routed over public internet between branch and HQ, there are likely some bottlenecks beyond your control
* Is there network latency between branch and headquarters? Even on high bandwidth connections, network latency can cause low data transfer rates because some protocols are very chatty: the next packet is sent only after receiving acknowledgment for the previous packet. With high latency networks, this may result in sometimes very poor transfer speeds

Hello,
the following scenario

headquarter:  Server (AIX) and client (Windows)
branch: client (Windows)

If the Clients from the branch open a project from the server in the headquarter
it takes about 5 times longer than the same project open in headquarters.
The bandwith from the branch is 1 GB/s for the hole company.
So OK it takes longer in the branch but 5 times.
The Data is on the Storage System.

How to find the bottleneck in the network ?
The networkadmin is sure all is fine.

made a IO Graph from "tcp.seq" from one of some sample Data I got from the Users

SPW = BAD = branch
SPG = GOOD = headquarter

Thanks
Dennis