Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to find the bottleneck?

From: Hugo van der Kooij <hugo.van.der.kooij@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 15:30:47 +0000

Dennis,

The obvious think to check is the latency. Remote usually means more latency and if the protocol is not design to do this efficient you will get poor results on remote locations with a higher latency.

Compare packet captures for both client and look carefully at the timing. I expect that you have taken time to look at the various instruction clips on youtube regarding latency and Wireshark.

They will teach you a lot.

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Hugo

Hugo van der Kooij
network engineer

T: +31 15 888 0 345  F: +31 15 888 0 445
E: hugo.van.der.kooij@xxxxxxxxx  I: www.qsight.nl

Arnhem - Delft - Veldhoven