Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Outlook Freezing - Tons of "DCERPC Request: call_id" Packets

From: "Anderson, Maurice " <maurice.anderson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 18:20:00 +0000

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has seen this.  We’re troubleshooting an Outlook freezing problem.  In the WireShark trace, we get tons of these:

The .25 address is our Exchange server and the .11 address is the workstation.  The lines above repeat many many times and I’m sure that causes our Outlook slowness as the packets repeat over and over.  Problem is I have no idea why it keeps repeating.

I am pretty much 100% sure that the DECRPC traffic is MAPI.

Have you seen this?

Thanks,

-Maurice