Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] [HITB-Announce] HITB GSEC 2017 CFP Closes April 30th

From: Hafez Kamal <aphesz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 04:56:27 +0800
FINAL CALL!

CFP for the 3nd annual Hack In The Box GSEC conference in Singapore
closes on the 30th of April!

Call for Papers: http://gsec.hitb.org/cfp/
Event Website: http://gsec.hitb.org/sg2017/

HITB GSEC is a 2-day deep knowledge security conference where attendees
get to vote on the final agenda of talks and and to meet with the
speakers they voted for.

We are looking for 60-minute, offensive and defensive focused
deep-knowledge presentations. We're looking for novel and new research
in the following areas:

  IoT Security
  Cloud Security
  File System Security
  3G/4G/WIMAX Security
  SS7/GSM/VoIP Security
  Security of Medical Devices
  Critical Infrastructure Security
  Smartphone / MobileSecurity
  Smart Card and Physical Security
  Network Protocols, Analysis and Attacks
  Applications of Cryptographic Techniques
  Side Channel Analysis of Hardware Devices
  Analysis of Malicious Code / Viruses / Malware
  Data Recovery, Forensics and Incident Response
  Hardware based attacks and reverse engineering
  Windows / Linux / OS X / *NIX Security Vulnerabilities
  Next Generation Exploit and Exploit Mitigation Techniques
  NFC, WLAN, GPS, HAM Radio, Satellite, RFID and Bluetooth Security

Submission Process:

1.) Register for an account at http://gsec.hitb.org/cfp/
2.) Send us the following:

- Presentation abstract (1000 - 1500 words)
- White paper (3500 - 5000 words - can be uploaded later)
- Supporting material (poc code, slides, video etc)
- A recent photograph (300 x 300 px)

3.) When CFP closes, audience voting begins. Each registered delegate
gets 3 votes to cast against any presentations they like.

4.) When a presentation receives 8 votes it is removed from voting and
your talk is considered 'accepted' into the final agenda.

Important Dates:
================

April 30th - Call for Papers closes
May 1st - June 30th  - Voting period
1st week of July - Final agenda announced

----

Each accepted submission will entitle speaker(s) to:

- Accommodation for 3 nights / 4 days

- Travel expense reimbursement up to USD1500.00 per slot for
non-resident speakers

- A USD1500 honorarium per slot (a whitepaper must be published in order
to qualify for your honorarium)

====

Please note:

We do not accept product or vendor related pitches. If you are
interested in branding and sponsorship opportunities, please email
hitbgsec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to request for a sponsorship kit.

See you at HITB GSEC 2017 Singapore!

Regards,
Hafez Kamal