Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Questions about RTT

From: samira afzal <afzal.samira@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 15:58:56 -0200
Hi every one,

I have some questions about RTT. I am using wireshark 2.2.4.
1) I am going to plot RTT vs.sequence numbers. I found statistics -> i/o graph or statistics -> tcp stream graphs -> round trip time. However in both the RTT is vs. time and not versus sequence numbers. Is there any way to plot RTT vs. sequence numbers?

2) I wish to add a column with RTT. Could you please guide me?

3) I am transferring a file from server to client  over TCP. It is running locally over loop-back interface (127.0.0.1). When i checked   RTT vs. time. I saw some large RTT values. It is strange for me. because it is running locally so there is not any congestion between sender and receiver so why there are some large RTT?

4) In the explained scenario in question 3,  I plotted RTT vs. time and also statistics -> tcp stream graphs -> throughput to see segment size vs. time. I see that whenever RTT is high the segment value is zero. Could you  please explain me what is the reason?

Thanks in advance.