Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wireshark analysis for packet loss

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 07:24:00 +0100
Hi,

A good rule of thumb about Wireshark is to know that Wireshark van tell you what happend, but not why it happened.
That is where your expertise comes in. In this case it could either be that it was simply not captured, eg. during the start of a capture, or that it was indeed dropped somewhere, or something else. More insight could be gained by having measurements at different locations, eg. a capture at node0 together with node1. Again, your expertise as a network analist comes into play here.

Thanks,
Jaap