Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] esp decryption problems

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 15:33:49 +0000

On 20 January 2017 at 08:19, Reinoud Koornstra <reinoudkoornstra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding decrypting esp packets.
After i've filled out the esp information and click ok I see:

<ESP Preferences> Error in Encryption Algorithm AES-CBC : Bad Keylen (248 Bits)

or:

<ESP Preferences> Error in Encryption Algorithm 3DES-CBC : Bad Keylen
(got 384 Bits, need 192)

I did get all information from ip xfrm.
Wireshark doesn't seem to like the keys I entered.
Anybody encountered this too?
Is there an easy way to remedy this?
Thanks,

Reinoud.