Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Tracking a PC with spam

From: Kurt Buff <kurt.buff@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 13:50:04 -0700
Jason,

You're likely using the wrong tool for this effort.

Assuming the spam is heading outside of your org, I'd look at your
firewall - and block port the relevant ports outbound for anything
except your designated internal mail servers (these would be ports 25,
587 and the various IMAP/POP ports). Then look at the denies in your
firewall logs.

If somehow the spambot is using your internal email infrastructure to
relay the spam, it's time to look at your server logs, and see which
machine is doing the spamming.

Kurt