Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Gratuitous and duplicate differences

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 18:18:02 -0700
On Sep 15, 2016, at 6:03 PM, Bayu Notonegoro <kotakmilis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just wondering, what it could be the bad thing? Because I'm also getting a lot of duplicate-address-detected.

It could be that there are two machines on the same network segment (Ethernet segment, Wi-Fi BSS?) that are configured to have the same IP address; this is obviously a bad thing because if some other machine on that network segment wants to send a packet to that IP address, it can't reliably do so, as it can't know which of those machines should receive it.