Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Gratuitous and duplicate differences

From: Bayu Notonegoro <kotakmilis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 23:06:09 +0000 (UTC)
Hi All,
Greetings.
In wireshark, we can display filter both for arp.isgratuitous and arp.duplicate-address-detected. What is the different between both?
Arp gratuitous is something to detect the duplicate IP. But when i see the duplicate-address-detected, i got confused. From what I see is that both filter give different output.
So what are the differences?
Please help me.
TIA

Sent from my iPhone