Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] I CANNOT see corrupted packet

From: Andreas <AndreasSander1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 09:22:52 +0200
When you set the driver at the sniffer to promicous mode then the
address information shall be ignored and you would get all received
packets independent if sent to you or not.

But why should the driver accept a corrupted packet? Modern controllers
check the CRC by itself and doesn't pass the data to the RX FIFO if an
error is detected.