Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] windows 10 / udp packet loss, off-topic ?

From: Frédéric LOCHON <f.lochon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 15:50:51 +0200
Hello,

I'm facing a strange behavior on Windows 10 computers.
That's a little bit off-topic, but I give it a try.

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, I get some packet loss from Windows:
- I get an UDP packet every 10 ms or so coming from some equipment I have on my network.
- I do see every packet in Wireshark (which means the link is OK).
- I don't see every packet in "Windows" (using winsock API), I loose about 1 to 5 packets every second (not very regularly).

I know UDP has no guarantee about packet delivery, and I can manage some losses.
However, losing few packets every seconds is too much for me.

I don't really know what to do, now.

Does anybody have some ideas ?
Should I avoid winsock API ?
Should I try using libpcap ?
Maybe there is a more appropriate place/mailing-list to get "help" ?

Thanks in advance.

FYI:
- I tried on different computers using different network adapters.
- Everything was fine, i.e. before Windows 10 upgrade, on Windows 7 (packet loss is really low).
- Network load is close to 0 (excepted the UDP packets I want).
- Computer load is very low.
- Searching on google for that kind of information is difficult because hardcore gamers complain too much about "packet loss" :)

Frédéric Lochon.