Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Looking for a good wireless decryption tutorial

From: Matt Pardo <mpardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 15:25:10 +0000
Hi,

I have been looking for a good tutorial on how to decrypt wireless traffic when you have the EAPOL handshake but I haven't found one yet. I know about this page:

https://wiki.wireshark.org/HowToDecrypt802.11

It mentions EAPOL. I have heard that you do not need all 4 EAPOL packets with the newest version, but I can't find anything else.

Can anyone recommend a good web page, youtube video or book that has the actual steps you would need to follow. The books I have looked at mostly just seem to talk about what wireless traffic is, how to setup your computer to capture the traffic and how to make sure you can decrypt it if you already know the keys. Not very useful and light on details.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Matt