Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to "unsort"

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 20:15:22 -0400

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Perry Smith <pedzsan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I’m using Wireshark 2.0.1 on a Mac.  I really enjoy the new UI.

I click on a column to sort the output by that column.  Is there a way to undo this?

I know I can click on “No.” but that appears to be slightly different.  Any adjustment now makes a second pass ‘sorting by No.’ whereas before it did not need the second pass.

That's the right way to do it.  When you haven't sorted on any particular column then the display is sorted by the (Frame) Number column.  By sorting by that column again you should be returning to the initial state.

What do you mean when you say "any adjustment" leads to a "sorting by" pass?  What kind of adjustment?