Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Development of next-gen Internet Protocol "Five Fields" (IP-FF

From: Alexey Eromenko <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 13:45:04 +0200

Hello,

Secretly in the shadows, I have been developing a new Internet Protocol "Five Fields" for quite some time. It is designed to be superior to both IPv4 and IPv6. And even made a nice presentation about IP-FF and it's features:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XbqWOwv0GASmSjYZimfK64QKQQ-0yK9xQ1_spRhlf8Y/edit?usp=sharing

IP-FF is about:
 o  Short, human-readable addresses, solves the problem of address exhaustion of IPv4, without the extra complexity and usability nightmare of IPv6
 o  Modularization and re-factoring of some perceived IPv6 bloat
(NDP/IGMP/MLD/IPsec/SLAAC/Flow/...)
 o  New features: IP-VRF and Mobile TCP
 o  TCP on very fast links (over 1 Tbps)
 o  Stronger checksums

It now consists of 10 parts: (submitted as IETF drafts)

1. Internet Protocol - Five Fields:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff/

2. Internet Protocol - Five Fields: Addressing Architecture
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff-addressing/

3. Internet Protocol - Five Fields: Address Resolution Protocol
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff-arp/

4. Internet Protocol - Five Fields: Babysitter (new NAT)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff-babysitter/

5. Internet Protocol - Five Fields: DHCP
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff-dhcp/

6. Internet Protocol - Five Fields: DNS extensions
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff-dns/

7. Internet Protocol - Five Fields: ICMP
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff-icmp/

8. Internet Protocol - Five Fields: Mobile TCP (Mobile IP replacement)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff-mops/

9. Internet Protocol - Five Fields: TCP.64 extensions
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff-tcp64/

10. Internet Protocol - Five Fields: UDP
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eromenko-ipff-udp/

What do you think of it ?

Best wishes,
--