Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] follow [tcp|ssl].stream with tshark

Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 21:43:38 +0100
On 151121-14:26+0100, miro.rovis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Finally I figured out.
>
> It's just that I don't yet know how to open and extract gifs, gzipped
> stuff, what not, from those, like I can from what I get with files that
> I get when I follow the same streams and save them with Wireshark.
>
> Looking those up, it's the same numbers, just formatted differently, so,
> the method is OK ;-) .

I opened a topic about this on Gentoo Forums. This is not such readily
available knowledge that is missing here for me...

How to extract content from tshark-saved streams?
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1033844.html

A question even comes to mind if there is something buggy in how my
tshark saves those streams...?

Pls. help if any of you wizards can find a little time to look into
this. And thank you anyways, these programs are great!
--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia