Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Display format for response times (was Re: Wireshark 2.0.0

From: Abdul Khader <akhader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 08:14:06 +0400

Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for.

On 11/19/2015 8:06 AM, Guy Harris wrote:
On Nov 18, 2015, at 7:11 PM, Abdul Khader <akhader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Right now wireshark displays the time in milliseconds or seconds etc for all the packets. What I want to know is, is there any way to show the time(especially the response time) dynamically. What I mean is, say for example I am checking  the DNS response time. I would like wireshark to show me the response time depending on the response time it took, if for one request the response took 5 milliseconds, and for other it took 5 nano seconds and for another request it took 2 seconds, then the wireshark should show milliseconds where the response was in milliseconds and seconds where the response time was in seconds and nano seconds where the response time was in nano seconds.
I.e., display 5 milliseconds as "5 milliseconds" rather than, for example, ".005 seconds", and 5 nanoseconds as "5 nanoseconds" rather than, for example, ".000000005 seconds" and "7 microseconds" rather than, for example, ".000008 seconds"?