Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] dissecting HTTPS traffic

Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 19:55:14 -0500

More discussion on that topic here:

http://markmail.org/message/h7lobdh7ywcukxjg

Frank

From: wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark Semkiw
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 11:19 AM
To: Community support list for Wireshark <wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] dissecting HTTPS traffic

It may not strictly be illegal but at our company we have taken the tack that we just don’t decrypt users traffic, especially sensitive usernames and passwords to sites like online banking and healthcare, it’s not worth the risk of an employee getting compromised and then coming back and saying that we had the data so we must have been the one’s that got compromised.   I guess it’s more of a management decision, but I imagine depending on what country/state you are in there are also some legal issues to content with.

Mark Semkiw, Senior Network Engineer

CCNA  CNSE  WCNA