Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] dissecting HTTPS traffic

From: Mark Semkiw <Mark.Semkiw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 16:00:40 +0000
Because technically it’s not legal to decrypt users traffic without them being aware.  It could reveal things like online banking passwords and such.  We use PA firewalls and they have the ability to do SSL decryption but I can’t actually see the traffic, the firewall uses layer 7 inspection to and it’s own internal rule base/security signatures do decide if the traffic gets passed or not.

Mark Semkiw, Senior Network Engineer

CCNA  CNSE  WCNA