Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] The SSL tcp stream decoding in Users' Manual?

Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 18:33:45 +0200
On 150923-13:17+0200, miro.rovis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> In simple search, currently, if you open:
>
> https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html/
>
> and search the text for 'XXX', then (again: currently) the first
> instance you encounter is:
>
> Follow SSL Stream | Same functionality as “Follow TCP Stream” but for
> SSL streams. XXX - how to provide the SSL keys?
>
> Will there be that, in those docs, or is it in some other docs, and where in
> the world of the [F]ree [O]pen [S]ource [S]oftware, to which the
> Wireshark program belongs...
>
> Will there be that arcane knowledge, or, kind readers from anywhere who
> are reading this, if it is somewhere else, pls. tell us!
>
> It's the piece of mosaic that, missing as it is, huge pictures in my
> dumps just can not be put together, as in so many other users dumps...
>
> Regards!
> --
> Miroslav Rovis
> Zagreb, Croatia
> http://www.CroatiaFidelis.hr

I'm asking about this issue on Gentoo Forums too.

TLS (SSL) tcp stream decoding in your traffic dumps?
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1029408.html

And I promise, if I manage to learn it, I'll try and teach to newbies
how to do it. (Just give me time, pls!).

And I'll inform about it here on this list, too.

Regards!
--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia