Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Understanding offset values settings icmp

From: asad <a.alii85@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 12:33:38 +0500
Hello,

A certain wireshark sample for icmp fragmentation (attached) is
showing following :-

-fragment offset:13bits
-offset value ordering as :-
        - 0
        - 1480
        - 2960

-length 1518.

>From , theory I know usual 8 bits of offset field will start
calculating offset from 0, then for 1400 bytes of data (minus the
headers) next value be 1400/8. If I apply same concept to attached
pcap It doesn't add up. Why offset values so different even when
considering 1500 bytes of data.

Thanks.