Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark miss reporting 802.1ad tpid as 0x8100 instead of

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 12:25:06 -0700
On Aug 20, 2015, at 12:14 AM, Uday Kumar <udaykumar.ravulakollu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am capturing 802.1ad  traffic using wireshark..but 1ad tpid is miss reported. Some one let me know how to overcome this.

Wireshark's probably just showing what's in the capture.

On what OS are you capturing, and what's the full version information from Help -> About Wireshark?  The network adapter, its driver, or the OS networking stack might be changing the TPID before the packet is seen by Wireshark, or libpcap might not be correctly trying to undo those changes before handing them to the application.