Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] LAN Bandwidth Change During tShark Restart

From: "Hanks, Cliff" <chanks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 19:02:05 +0000
Is this normal? I restarted a tShark capture to increase the number of files for a ring buffer and noticed that the LAN connection, that I am capturing on, was showing no traffic while tShark was stopped but started back up after the capture was restarted, like promiscuous mode was restarted as well????

Cliff Hanks  MCSE,GSEC
Senior Network Engineer